Saturday, June 04, 2005

Rain, rain, rain. Did I mention the rain? It's been crazy the last several days. Yard looks like it hasn't been mowed in a couple of weeks.... wait, that's pretty accurate now. On Tuesday, it'll have been 2 weeks since the front yard was mowed. Oops. On the topic of mowing, my folks are bringing up a riding lawn mower for me today to borrow. By not buying a new one right now, I should be able to get one cheaper in the fall.

Been a busy morning getting ready for their visit. Wanted to try and be a decent host when they visit so I went to the grocery store this morning (unusual thing for me), have been cleaning up around the place, and basically trying to give things the semblance of being "tidy". Probably not as good as it could be, but it'll be good enough.

The other project that occupied a good portion of my evening last night was putting together a "mix CD" for my parents. They are driving to Tennessee next week, and want some music to listen to. I have to guess as to what they'll like, but they really like the first one I did for them last year. We'll see what they say about the 2 new ones I put together last night.

Also played some Halo 2 last night for a couple of hours. I wish that game had some bots. I just can't get the hang of the controls and basically get knocked off rather easily by more experienced players. Not sure what to do about that, but will try to figure it out. I don't mind losing, it's the lack of being competitive. Bottom line: I want a mouse and keyboard to use with that game. ;)

No comments:

Blog Archive